Friday, July 31, 2009

No. 44

1. I was feeling very busy and very stressed out and very miserable to tell you the truth, and one of my customers declared loudly and with great conviction when I delivered his sandwich:

You are so cute! Everything about you is cute! Everything you do is cute!

He was old and gay so it was not a come-on. It was just wonderful.

2. Laughter and a smile when I expected yelling and a furrowed brow

3. The BFF sent me this beautiful poem:

I will be the gladdest thing
Under the sun!
I will touch a hundred flowers
And not pick one.

I will look at cliffs and clouds
With quiet eyes,
Watch the wind bow down the grass,
And the grass rise.

And when lights begin to show
Up from the town,
I will mark which must be mine,
And then start down!

...and told me that Edna St. Vincent Millay always reminded him of me. This is such a grand poem and such a grand compliment from such a grand friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment