Friday, June 12, 2009

No. 18

1. I was walking down Belmont, trying to look calm and cool and collected, when I ran straight smack-dab into a parking meter. [That was not the grain of fire.] Then I laughed for 5 minutes at myself, because I am ridiculous and in constant need of humbling. [That was the grain of fire.]

2. I listened to "Rhapsody in Blue" on my commute to work this morning. I timed it perfectly. I listened to half of it on the bus, then the remainder as I walked from the bus stop to the store. When it got to the really exciting part, the sun was in mid-rise and I saw that very sleek art-deco building shooting up from the ground and I felt like I was made out of massiveness and wonder. The beautiful, 16-minute song ended RIGHT when I arrived at work.

3. Today I passed a very old man on my walk home from work. We were dressed exactly alike. Exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment