Tuesday, June 9, 2009

No. 15

1. Joe emailed me a list of funny/fabulous insurance agency names he dealt with today at his Important Man Job:

Lovitt & Touche
Buttrey, Wulff, Mamminga Agency
Meeker-Manger
DeGeus & Klafter
Plapp Services
Puckett Sheetz & Hogan

I love Joe for sending me something like this. And I love him for the fact that he noticed a sign a while back for the Tinkoff & Popko Law Firm, whose name I've taken to saying in my head to make myself laugh in a time of need.

2. Took a lengthy walk home tonight. To tell you the truth, I find it lazier for me to walk than to take the El. The El requires all that fluoresence, waiting around for the train for a few minutes, perhaps even transferring. Yuck. Walking is so much easier, and feels quicker.

During tonight's walk I felt strange and uneven, like I accidently tipped the balance a bit too far one way and all of a sudden, all of these thoughts spilled out from their assigned spaces where I had them carefully placed on the upper shelf of my brain and heart and guts--not to speak unless spoken to.

But in the midst of spillage, my coat felt so cozy like this big giant wonderful hug, Sam Cooke sang into my ears via these decrepid earbuds I refuse to (read: can't afford to) replace, and I missed Chile so much that my neck started hurting. Which reminds me that most everything difficult will some day be missed, and that Heather is back in the USA and now a phone call away.

3. "I am strong. I am invincible. I am Peter."

No comments:

Post a Comment